Answered questions from 2 images

1) Describe the mood of the image(s)  What is the expression on the faces of the models?  What is their posture?
- The expression on the models faces is sad and straight faced. Their posture is kind of slugged and they are just sitting/standing like they don't care.

2) Think about technique.  How do you imagine these images were created? Oil paint? Photoshop?
- These images look as if they were created with oil paint and then photoshopped to make it look even better. All the splotches of the images make it look like it is an oil painting and it has some touch ups.
- Now that I know the images were created by painting the models and taking a photograph of it, I am amazed at how they did it. They also probably use photoshop to make it look even better.

3) Ask yourself what role color plays in the images(?)  Does it accentuate the mood?
- There is mostly reds, browns, and oranges in the images , along with blues. It does accentuate the mood because they seem just sad and straight faced so the red helps with the moods.

4) Finally, what do you think the artist intended to convey with these images?  What response was he/she attempting to evoke?  Do you think the effort was successful?
- I think the artist intended to show that the models are just doing what they do best and showing a sad emotion and giving it a color to show that. The artists also made it to look like they are just doing whatever with their postures. He/she wanted to give a sad/whatever look and make people wonder what they are thinking in the images. I think it was successful because people do wonder what the models are thinking and what is going on and I think that's what he/she was trying to convey.
- The artist was trying to convey a 2D photograph extracted from the 3D scene. The artist says, "The photographic presentations create a tension between the smoothness of the physical photographs and the tactility of the painted installations captured within them, blurring the lines between what is depicted and depiction itself." I think the effort was successful now seeing how she did the images.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Photography